Plan for Him - With Meal
Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) for Men
Most dieters find this plan the easiest to stick to as it allows you use the Shake That Weight meal products for access to quick well balanced food during busy periods of the day and still enjoy a self prepared meals with others usually in the evening. This is also the plan to follow if you are a more active person as the slightly higher calorie allowance will support you better.
Don’t worry though if you don’t have time for your self prepared meal one day then simple observe the guidelines for our Man Plan.
*based on reviews and success stories
- Fast and effective weight loss 1 – 10 stone*
- Enjoy a self prepared meal with family
- Choose from over 50 great products
- Same effective weight loss as the Man Plan
Follow these easy steps
Your guide to rapid weight loss
Enjoy any 3 Shake That Weight meal products
Choose from our shakes, soups, noodles, bars and more.
All our products are nutritionally balanced and use a high quality casein protein which digests slowly over 4 hours to keep your hunger at bay. They also contain your RDA of vitamins and minerals to support your healthy weight loss.
Have a self prepared 400-600kcal meal
You can have this at any time in the day that suits you. Most people prefer to have it in the evening. Try to make healthy choices and limit carbohydrates to a maximum of 55g for the meal.
SnackingNot essential but if you feel the need to snack, you are allowed 1 high protein and low carb snack daily. Snacks include Shake That Weight® / EatProtein® wafers, bars, crisps and zippers etc. See our range here.
An Example Day
BreakfastEnjoy a delicious porridge or shake mixed with water.
LunchYou could have some noodles, soups or a shake again.
Mid-AfternoonTry a bar to keep you going until evening.
DinnerHave your 600kcal self prepared meal.
SnacksYou can enjoy ONE of the STW snacks a day.
- Please consult your doctor before starting any regime. If you have any health issues you should consult your doctor to see if this plan is suitable for you.
- You should not follow the diet for more than 12 weeks without taking a 1-2 week break
- VLCD is only suggested for those with a BMI over 25. If your BMI falls below 25 you should have reached your weight loss goals and should move on to the maintenance stage plan in order to sustain your weight loss.
- Only light-moderate exercise is recommended on this plan.
- This diet plan is not suitable for children under 16 years old.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sometimes you need a bit of extra help, which is where a very low calorie diet or VLCD, can be the correct choice for you. The principal is simple, to lose weight you need to use more energy than you consume. A Very low calorie diet lowers your daily calorie intake significantly more than traditional diets.
This means more rapid weight loss than traditional diets.
VLCD plans like shake that weight are now recognised by the NHS and are openly discussed as a method of successful dieting on NHS choices.
The national institute for clinical excellence (nice) recommends that VLCD’s (diets under 1000 calories) should only be followed constantly for 12 weeks and then you should take a break.
This diet is also not recommended for pregnant or breast feeding women and not suitable for children. Before starting any type of diet plan please check with your doctor that it is suitable for your personal circumstances.