5:2 Diet The Easy Way
The Fasting Diet
The diet has risen in popularity over recent years due to its simplicity and coverage in various documentaries and studies.
Based on the principle know as intermittent fasting (IF) where you eat normally at certain times and fast during the others, the plan is quite simple. You eat normally for 5 days of the week and fast on the remaining two. This works by cutting your calorie intake for those 2 days to a 1/4 of their normal level. It is suggested to have between 500-600 calories if you are female or 600-700 if you are male. The success of this diet relies on not over eating during your normal eating days.
Although is simple and effective, this type of diet does not produce the best weight loss results due to it intermittent nature. So if you are looking for faster weight loss it is recommended that you look at the other Low Calorie Diet plans.
*based on reviews and success stories
- Flexible to your lifestyle
- No meal planning
- less commitment than a full diet
Follow these easy steps
Shake That Weight meal replacements are ideal for your 2 fasting days per week. You will always know how many calories you are achieving. The meal replacements are tasty, satisfying and provide your with all your essential nutrients for the day. You can decide whether you want them to be part of your diet or to completely substitute all your calories for the day.
Enjoy any 4 STW meal productsChoose from our shakes, soups, noodles, bars and moreAll our products are nutritionally balanced and use a high quality casein protein which digests slowly over 4 hours to keep your hunger at bay.
Women: Drink a minimum of 2 litres of water evenly through the day.
Men: Drink a minimum of 2.5 litres of water evenly through the day.
Read more about the importance of water and things you can/cant drink here.
An Example Day
BreakfastEnjoy a delicious porridge or shake mixed with water.
LunchYou could have some noodles, soups or a shake again.
Mid-AfternoonTry a bar to keep you going until evening.
DinnerTry one of our delicious ready meals.
- Please consult your doctor before starting any regime. If you have any health issues you should consult your doctor to see if this plan is suitable for you.
- You should not follow the diet for more than 12 weeks without taking a 1-2 week break
- VLCD is only suggested for those with a BMI over 25. If your BMI falls below 25 you should have reached your weight loss goals and should move on to the maintenance stage plan in order to sustain your weight loss.
- Only light-moderate exercise is recommended on this plan.
- This diet plan is not suitable for children under 16 years old or breastfeeding mothers.