Shake That Weight ™ • 16th July 2013 • 10 years ago
Healthy Food Swaps Make All The Difference To Your Diet
We have heard it all before, eating healthily and exercising regularly is key to losing weight but it’s not always as easy as it sounds. Choosing healthier foods however, might be easier than you think. Make a few changes to your eating habits and you could make a big difference to your diet.
Not only can these few food swaps help shed excess pounds but it can also help you to achieve your five a day. Essentially, it is all about decreasing the amount of foods with higher calories, fats and salts, and swapping them for something much healthier – and most importantly, you don’t have to miss out on great taste.
Your Easy Food and Drink Swaps
Next time you are reaching for that can of coke in the fridge or that bar of chocolate in the cupboard, think again. Make these few small changes and you will be well on your way to achieving a healthy weight.
- Swap your whole milk for semi-skimmed or even skimmed milk
- Cereals can be high in sugar, pay attention to labels. Swap sugar-coated cereal or a wholegrain breakfast cereal like Shredded Wheat or Weetabix with no added sugar.
- Instead of a sprinkle of sugar on your cereal in the morning, choose a handful of fresh fruit.
- Swap white bread for wholegrain, and stay away from muffins and bagels too.
- Choose reduced fat spread over butter and beans over cheese.
- Change that tuna melt Panini for a tuna salad sandwich on wholegrain bread, and no mayonnaise.
- Having pasta for tea? Swap creamy sauces for tomato or vegetable based sauces
Photo Credit: Micky** CC